Thursday, 31 May 2012

Happy to be Home

I'm sitting here with a smirk on my face, thinking don't I just love to start from the back and work my way forwards. I like to work that way, knowingly that I got everything under my control. Just yesterday I was on a plane far, far away just hoping I would make it back home safe and sound where my family would welcome me back to Winnipeg with a nice big sign that said "Welcome Home Paige" and for that, They did! It was only my Mother, but it was better then anything, seeing my Mother and giving her a nice big hug knowing she was missing me all along. Sometimes that's not always how it goes, sometimes people don't make it home and sometimes we don't realize those are the moments that do happen. but that's why I didn't take anything that had happened right there for granted.

I'm happy to be home. most people said they could go forever living there, well of course I could, but I would need those people I love around me to make my home, my home. I loved it there, every turn you made you saw new adventures up along the road and new places you were just dying to see. I took every moment in and kept it there to stay. I needed that place, more then I needed those brand new shoes or that Bench sweater. It helped me deal with situations and helped me face all those problems that seemed so big and that weren't so big after all, but most off it helped me grow stronger to who I was meant to be. It was unbelievable to me how charming the people were, they told me the stories behind the buildings I was gazing at and the art pieces that I just couldn't make out.

The plane ride home was the longest thing I've ever been through. I stared out the 6 by 6 window watching the snowy mountains suddenly turn to flat land. I didn't have those sharp pains in my ears everyone kept telling me about, or maybe I did, but they just happened to over exaggerate a slight much. I understand how us Winnipegers take the flat land for granted, truthfully most say theres not much to look at, but I would strongly disagree. You just have to use your imaginations to see that to some the long grass and the wind blowing through it ever so gently could look like waves washing up on the shore like an ocean. Flying over Winnipeg looks like perfect little squares of yellow, green and sand coloured grass that seem to fit perfectly with eachother to create some beautiful masterpiece.

This week has been long and hard for I and many of my fellow classmates. We've all dealth with some hurt from words being said that may or may not be true and some jokes that seemed funny at the moment and later on found someone in tears. For some, They went through broken hearts. They suddenly thought they had what had seemed perfect and soon fell apart from there man trying to find someone better. I don't like to be in the middle of those things, so I make that choice of not dating just another guy, but waiting on that one special person who makes me feel things that just some ordinary guy couldn't. I like my plans and my ruitines because they don't leave me feeling rejected or hurt sitting in a puddle of broken dreams.

For the happier side of things, I had an amzing time. Words couldn't explain the excitement in my eyes. I promised myself that I would make every single moment count and that was exactly what I had done. I treasured each thing and new experience I saw and felt. I found myself in a dream that I had hoped would never end, but sooner or later you just have to wake up. I was on a bus for over half the time, which to you may not be your vision of boisterous, but for me I had a blast. I got to ride up to the top of a moutain and look out and a million smaller mountains far across the distance with the ocean in between and the trees just seem to fit with all the other colours in sight. To me this was something more then just a trip. It was an adventure that had taught me so many great things and I have even met some amazing people.

Did I forget to mention... I got in a ton of trouble this week. I was caught drinking a Monster energy drink, which wasen't aloud and climbing to the top of my hotel roof, just so I could get a better view of mountians. plus, I love to have a great time by using my loud mouth to laugh, tell stories and yell, which was pointed out over 3 times each day. This week must have seemed to our teachers like a million of wild animals finally escaping from the zoo. I just felt bad for the poor people staying in the hotel with us. This trip was definetly put into good use, I had a great time and to me that's all that had mattered.

But finally after a long hard week I could finally say "Home Sweet Home"

- Paige Carloni!

<3  hope you loved it!

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this and hearing about your trip. :) especially the bit about heart break and waiting for that special some one. Hopefully I'll visit Winnipeg again. :3

    ReplyDelete