Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Words from the Wise

No one said that you had to be wise by carrying around a big book and a briefcase. I guess they also didn't tell you they would yell names at you if you did. They forgot to mention that your not always good at what you love and that some things you really suck at. I've falling into my writing, but I'm not necassarily getting better at it or that it was been well thought out writing. I couldn't say that everything I do I do it big or great or even well at this point. Who judges?

They missed saying to us that things don't always work out as planned. ok. I get that, but what now? Who tells me where I go from here? Or how I'm suppose to do better next time?

All these lessons are being taught and hopefully learnt, but how do you know they are being learnt if your kid is out on the streets at 1:00 am and your leaning on God to help out. well, whose going to be watching your kid. Maybe the guy next to him under age drinking and with dope in his hand.

You never know if we're doing things right or hoping that you taught us well and we fully listened. We miss out on our childhood because we were free of danger and thoughts and all we had to do was play and have fun.

I never asked to be grown up and able to crawl and then walk, then be able to eat normal food, then able to speak, read and write.

I don't know the order these go in but soon enough I'll be married, have a family and have all the responsibilities of an adult and then finally get to watch my children grow up. I couldn't say I could handle all of that, but I know I'll give it my all to do so.

I couldn't imagine the daily meals I would have to make for my family, all the decisions, paying bills, working, driving, sports, food, clothes, a house... The list goes on and on and sure enough all I'm ready for is tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the day I sleep in, wake up, watch t.v., eat, get ready for the day, go to hockey, come back, eat and do it all over again. seems tiring. I'll just sleep on it for a few more days.

I couldn't agree more and say that I'm a procrastinator... See what I did there.

Everything I want to do seems to be pushed back or just to lazy to do it. I wanted to get my room painted I guess that's not happening till I get back in the third week in August!

School's starting soon and as much as I would like to say I'm excited. I'm really, really scared! I don't know what I'm going to wear on the first day, what my day looks like. Let's just put it this way I'm really nervous to be seeing all the people I know and not seeing them for such a long time. There's those old friends you haven't talked to in a while and the cool group and the girls who are just to single that they can't handle not having the attention for 2 minutes. Oh boy, I can't wait!

I'm having such a good day that all I can really say is that "Words from the Wise" you don't always have to be wise to say some words.

Favorite Quote of the day: All food is fit to eat but not all words are fit to speak - haitian

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink, She's a party pooper, You can't always fill a mind with knowledge unless you teach them truth, You can't teach an old dog new tricks, His eyes were bigger then his stomach, you are the change you wish to see.

These are all sayings that mean the same things to different people and can change on how you see them. If you see and look close enough everything is perfect with me, sometimes, just sometimes. You have to look a bit deeper and see everything is perfectly fine with me as long as your perfectly fine with tea.

- Paige Carloni

1 comment:

  1. 'They' don't always know what's best.

    'They' don't have all the answers.

    And we should be careful not to give 'them' more power and influence over our thinking and decision making abilities than is owed. Just because everyone is doing it does not make it right or okay for you. Just because it has always been this way does not mean it has to remain so.

    Wisdom is not a thing that will be handed to you one day, richly printed and embossed with gold leaf, ready to be hung on your wall. Wisdom is a lifetime of paying attention and asking questions, seeing things for how they really are and accepting them that way. It is uncertainty at times that leads to growth and strength when previously you would have stopped and nervously stayed still.

    It is the ability to be calm no matter what is happening around you, and it is taking the time to notice the smallest details, enjoying the wonder and simplicity together.

    I think if you look more deeply you'll see the seeds of wisdom have already begun to grow within...

    ReplyDelete